Contact us to arrange a preview. Click on the "Request Preview" link in the right hand panel.
There are more than 800,000 accidents on an average day. This poignant safety training DVD tells the story of just one. In Lattitude’s Hindsight, Ken Woodward talked about the accident that left him blind. Now, he and his wife Sue reveal for the first time the trauma and heartache that came afterwards.
What you will learn:
- The consequences of an accident may not just last a few days or a few weeks. You may be affected for the rest of your life.
- The risks you take don’t just affect you. You may end up traumatising your loved-ones, your friends and your colleagues.
- The physical injuries from an accident will be bad enough but the mental injuries can be just as damaging and last much longer.
- Taking a few moments every day to think about safety can save you a lifetime of pain.
Training package contents
Ken and Sue live with the consequences of that accident every single day. It has a profound effect on their lives.
“In a flash everything went pure white. It was very hot. There wasn’t a loud bang but a tremendous force threw me back. And that’s about all I remember.”
For the first few months, Ken was able to see light and shade. What followed was a battle to keep that limited degree of vision, a battle that ultimately Ken lost.
Recently, Sue rediscovered a diary she had kept, documenting that tragic period. Even after twenty years, the emotions are still raw. What the diary revealed is the pain that Ken and Sue have lived with every day since the accident.
“I don’t think the psychological scars have ever gone. There’s a trigger there every day. Nobody should have to go through that. Nobody!”
Yet Ken admits, if he had stopped to think for just a few seconds about safety, he would have put on some goggles and the effects of the accident would have been far less profound. There would have been no diary. There would be no safety training video.
The comprehensive trainer’s guide, supported by a PowerPoint presentation, (plus an additional customisable version), provides all that’s needed to conduct a powerful safety session, running from one to one-and-a-half hours.
Four posters are also included as an ongoing safety reminder.
The training package includes:
DVD contains 3 videos:
- A two-video version of The Diary (22 and 14 minutes)
- The long version has more medical details and more about of Ken’s family.
- A short video, “The Boss” (4.3 minutes) It features a number of Q&A with Bob Cameron, the former manager at Coca Cola
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Trainer’s Guide (download a sample guide from the links in the right column)
- 4 x Posters
- Handouts - Certificate of Completion, Action Plan
Formats Available: DVD, Digital file formats available for Intranet Licencing and Corporate Licencing.
20 % discount to customers who have purchased DVDs featuring Ken Woodward previously.
Other videos featuring Ken Woodward:
Hindsight – the Official Ken Woodward Story
Lessons from a Blind School
Back to the top
Other Real Life videos:
Best of Charlie
Meet Joe's Wife
It Will Never Happen To Me
Why Me?... Why Not Me!